Vacuum electroplating and water electroplating are one of the surface treatment processes used for zinc alloy die-casting parts in the production process of die-casting. Zinc alloy die-casting products usually use surface treatment, because the processed die-casting products are more beautiful and more wear-resistant.https://dog-company.com/ There are two zinc alloy die-casting electroplating treatment technologies, namely water electroplating and vacuum electroplating. The water electroplating process is suitable for zinc alloy die-casting products; electroplating products are mainly used for electroplating in chemical electroplating baths. Vacuum ion plating, also called vacuum plating; suitable for zinc alloy die-casting products. In short, due to the chaotic process flow and high environmental and equipment requirements, the unit price is more expensive than electroplating water.https://dog-supplier.com/
The big difference between water plating and vacuum plating is the price. The price of vacuum plating is higher than that of water plating. The natural process is also more complicated than water electroplating. Briefly introduce the advantages and disadvantages of these two:
1. If the vacuum plating is not enough, the adhesion of the processed zinc alloy die-casting parts is very poor and cannot pass a hundred tests. From this point of view, the water plating process is better than the vacuum plating! Therefore, for vacuum plating, a special spraying treatment must be performed later, so the cost is high.https://diecastingtooling.com/
2. The color of water plating is monotonous, usually only a few colors, such as white chrome and black grid, but vacuum plating is required for post-processing, so various colors become colorful.
3. The general electroplating raw material for water electroplating is “hexavalent chromium”, which is right and wrong for environmental protection.
What electroplating surface treatment process I want to do for zinc alloy die-casting? After the above analysis, I believe you have a certain understanding of vacuum electroplating and water electroplating! Of course, this is a solution based on our intention, purpose and structure. Yuge die casting Factory is a manufacturer specializing in the production of molds for zinc alloy die-casting and aluminum alloy die-casting parts. The company has been committed to die casting for more than ten years. The process from mold design to appearance processing is very rich, and then beneficial progress has been made. Produce high-quality, reduce production costs!
Here is a brief introduction of its technological process:
Clean and anti-static product appearance -> spray primer -> baking primer -> vacuum coating -> spray top coat -> baking top coat -> packaging. Vacuum plating can be divided into ordinary vacuum plating, UV vacuum plating and vacuum plating. These processes include evaporation, sputtering and spray gun coloring.
3. Water plating and vacuum ion plating (vacuum plating). The difference between the two processes:https://www.diecastingcompany.com/
Water electroplating is relatively simple, and vacuum ion electroplating does not have strict requirements for equipment and environment, so it has been widely used. However, water electroplating has the disadvantage that it can only be electroplated with ABS materials and ABS PC materials (the effect of electroplating with this material is not very ideal). The heat resistance of ABS material is only 80°C, which limits its application scale. However, vacuum plating can reach about 200°C and can be used for high-temperature parts. Like the tuyere and tuyere ring using PC material, these parts must withstand a high temperature of 130°C. In addition, usually after vacuum plating, a layer of UV oil is sprayed on the parts that need high temperature resistance to make the appearance of the product shiny, high temperature resistance, and jointly ensure adhesion.https://www.cncmanufacturing.cn/
Many people don’t know the difference between the two, so what are the advantages and disadvantages of vacuum plating and water plating?
1. Appearance treatment: Generally, before coating, the substrate (parts to be plated) should be degreased and dust removed to ensure that the parts to be plated are clean and dry to prevent pitting and poor adhesion of primer defects. For special materials, such as PE (polyethylene) materials, they should also be modified to achieve the desired coating effect.
2. Primer: In the primer construction, spray or dip coating can be used. The detailed information should depend on the size, shape, structure and detailed information of the user’s equipment of the electroplated parts as well as the quality requirements of the customer. If you choose the spraying method, you can use SZ-97T paint oil. If you use the dip coating method, you can choose SZ-97, SZ-97 1 and other oils, depending on the plating material. Please check the scope of application of each product in the product introduction. 3. Primer drying: all paint oil series are self-drying paints. The purpose of drying is to increase output power. Generally, the drying temperature is 60-70°C and the time is about 2 hours. After drying, the paint film is completely dry.https://www.zhangzhongfengyun.com
4. Coating: When coating, please ensure that the vacuum of the coating machine meets the requirements, then heat the tungsten wire, and strictly control the heating time. At the same time, the amount of metal (such as aluminum wire) used for coating should be well controlled. Too little will cause the metal film to cover the substrate. In addition to deterioration, too many factors will affect the life of the tungsten wire and the quality of the coating.
5. Topcoat: Ordinary topcoat has the following two aspects:
A, improve the water resistance, corrosion resistance and wear resistance of the coated parts;
B. Provides the possibility of dyeing with water.
If the electroplated parts do not need to be colored, you can use 911, 911-1 matte oil, 889 transparent oil, 910 matte oil and other surface oil coatings according to customer requirements.https://www.shalashala.cn/
6. Topcoat drying: Generally, the topcoat is thinner than the bottom layer, so the drying temperature is lower, about 50-60 degrees. The baking time can be flexibly controlled according to the actual requirements of customers. Totally boring.
7. Water dyeing: If the plating layer needs to be dyed with water, the plating part of the topcoat can be put into the dyeing tank, dyed with the desired color, then rinsed and dried. When dyeing, pay attention to the water temperature, generally around 60-80 degrees, and the water dyeing time should be controlled together. The disadvantage of water dyeing is that it is easy to fade, so the cost is lower.